News and Happenings
September 21st 2020
We are now happy to offer at the Russell Branch:
– Onsite computer use for a maximum of 60 minutes per day (instead of 30 minutes/day), appointment required.
– All days are now open to family visits, not only the Friday.
– Children under 13 years may visit the library with an adult.
September 10th 2020
NOTICE to patrons at the Embrun branch Library (LaCroisée school):
Until further notice, patrons cannot return books or collect books using the curbside pickup service between the hours of 8:45 AM – 9:15 AM and 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday). Thank you for your understanding.
August 31st 2020
REOPENING (by appointment only)
The Township of Russell Public Library Board is happy to announce the reopening of the Russell Branch on Tuesday September 8th, 2020. The Embrun Branch will remain closed to the public until further notice but will continue to offer a curbside pickup service.
The modified schedule for opening hours of curbside pickup for the Embrun Branch and opening hours for the Russell Branch are:
Monday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 – 8 00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 – 8:00 PM
Friday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 – 5:00 PM (closed 12:00 – 1:00 PM)
In accordance with safety measures established by health authorities and the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), specific guidelines and restrictions will be applied at the Russell Branch:
– Every visit is by appointment only (13 years old +) with a maximum of 15 minutes per day. We are not accepting unscheduled walk-in visits. Please call or email ahead to book an appointment.
– Children under 13 years may visit the library with an adult by appointment on Fridays only; as part of our Library’s Family Day.
– One day a week; Friday, is reserved for families with appointments only = 1 adult for 1 supervised child, face masks required.
– IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
– All items must be returned using the outdoor return chute.
– Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
– Disinfect your hands when you arrive.
– Sign-in sheet or QR code is mandatory.
– Keep a physical distance of 2 metres.
– Follow the arrows on the floor and at the end of the aisles, as all aisles are one-way.
– If you touch a book, do not put it back on the shelf, please leave it in the quarantine box.
– Reservations must be made in advance to use a computer for a maximum of 30 minutes per day.
– Some sections of the library are not accessible.
– Interac payment is now available.
– Book donations are not accepted.
Despite the circumstances, the staff is there to help you.
Please be courteous to the employees and other patrons.
Thank you for your collaboration.
The Library Team
Please note: The Russell Branch will continue to offer a curbside pickup service for those who are interested.
STRATEGIC PLAN UNVEILED (2019-2023)
We are pleased to present the mission, vision and values of your Library. These are the three strategic pillars on which our action plan will be based for the coming years. Thank you to everyone who attended our evening: Our Shared Vision.
Looking forward to working with you in 2020!
The Library Board and staff.
RELOCATION OF THE EMBRUN BRANCH LIBRARY
The relocation of the Embrun Branch Library remains a priority to the new Public Library Board.
The Municipal Council still have to take a final decision “regarding the relocation of the Embrun Branch, a decision that best ensures a prompt move of the Branch to a safer location within our community“.
- Public Library Board
Thursday, October 15, 2020 – 6:30 PM. If you would like to attend virtually via the ZOOM Application, please email email@example.com.