News and Happenings
OCTOBER 17th – NOVEMBER 21st : Adopt-A-Book
Visit the Russell branch or browse our website to choose from a large selection of new releases that will be available for adoption. There will be books from both branches (in English and in French). Donations by Interac, cheque, cash and e-transfer are accepted.
Click here to visit our Adopt-A-Book webpage for more information >>
Share the magic of reading with your community!
October 1st, 2020
After one month of reopening our doors to the public, here are some changes in regards to your next visit to the Russell Branch. The Embrun Branch will remain closed to the public until further notice but will continue to offer a curbside pickup service.
The modified schedule for opening hours of curbside pickup for the Embrun Branch and opening hours for the Russell Branch are:
Monday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 – 8 00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 – 8:00 PM
Friday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 – 5:00 PM (closed 12:00 – 1:00 PM)
Notice to patrons at the Embrun branch Library (LaCroisée school):
Until further notice, patrons cannot return or collect books using the curbside pickup service between the hours of 8:45 AM-9:15 AM and 3:30 PM-4:00 PM (Monday-Friday).
In accordance with safety measures established by health authorities and the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), specific guidelines and restrictions will be applied at the Russell Branch:
· IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
· Library visits are short (approximately 15 minutes) for the purpose of choosing materials.
· Children under 13 years may visit the library with an adult.
· Onsite computer use is by appointment for a maximum of 60 minutes per day.
· All items must be returned using the outdoor book drop before entering.
· Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
· Disinfect your hands when you arrive.
· Write your name on the sign-in sheet or use the QR code at the entrance.
· Keep a physical distance of 2 metres with others.
· Follow the arrows on the floor and at the end of the aisles, as all aisles are one-way.
· If you handle a book, do not put it back on the shelf, please leave it in the quarantine box.
· Some sections of the library are not accessible.
· Interac payment is now available.
· Book donations are not accepted at this time.
Despite the circumstances, the staff is there to help you.
Please be courteous to the employees and other patrons.
Thank you for your continued collaboration.
The Library Team
Please note: The Russell Branch will continue to offer a curbside pickup service for those who are interested.
STRATEGIC PLAN UNVEILED (2019-2023)
We are pleased to present the mission, vision and values of your Library. These are the three strategic pillars on which our action plan will be based for the coming years. Thank you to everyone who attended our evening: Our Shared Vision.
Looking forward to working with you in 2020!
The Library Board and staff.
RELOCATION OF THE EMBRUN BRANCH LIBRARY
The relocation of the Embrun Branch Library remains a priority to the new Public Library Board.
The Municipal Council still have to take a final decision “regarding the relocation of the Embrun Branch, a decision that best ensures a prompt move of the Branch to a safer location within our community“.
- Public Library Board
Thursday, November 19, 2020 – 6:30 PM. If you would like to attend virtually via the ZOOM Application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.