- Maximum of 25 items at a time including 3 movies.
- You may request an extension of the borrowing period (ex.: vacation loan).
- Book return containers are available at both branches when the library is closed! Drop box open 24 hours.
- Borrowers with more than $15 in outstanding fees lose their borrowing and renewal privileges until the fees are paid.
- Books, audio books, magazines : 3 weeks
- Movies: 7 days (1 week)
- Movies (series, documentaries): 3 weeks
- Museum privilege cards: 1 week
- Items must be renewed in person, by e-mail or online. As the library has only one phone line, phone renewals are only permitted in exceptional circumstances.
- Items on the reserve list may not be renewed.
- Maximum number of renewals: 2 per item
- Books, audiobooks & magazines: 25¢ per item per overdue day
- Movies, Museum Privilege Cards: $2 per item per overdue day
- Maximum: $8 per item | $50 per library card.
- You may be notified by e-mail or phone and, if necessary, by mail when an item is overdue.
Damaged or Lost Items
The borrower is responsible for all borrowed materials and will be assessed a replacement charge (+ a $6 administrative fee) if an item is lost or damaged. The replacement charge will be reimbursed (minus the administrative fee and any outstanding overdue fees) if the lost item is returned within 3 months of payment. Don’t forget to keep your receipt!