Both branches provide printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning services.
Services and Fees
- Printing (B&W): 25¢ per page
- Printing (Colour): 40¢ per page
- 3D Printing (Mandatory Training $5): $1 + 15¢ a gram
- Silhouette cutting machine (Mandatory Training $8)
- Photocopying (B&W): 25¢ per page
- Fax: $1.00 for the first page + 25¢ for each additional page + long distance charges when applicable
- Scanning: FREE
- Exam Proctoring: Free for residents, $35 for non-residents
Our printing service lets you design a 3D model at home and send it to the library for printing!
The Russell branch has two MakerBot Replicator Mini+ 3D printers. At this time, patrons who have taken the mandatory course cannot use the printers in the Library. However, if you need to print something, please fill in this online form and the staff will be happy to print your item(s) for you! Once the form is complete and staff have reviewed it, they will call you to inform you of the cost and the approximate time when your item(s) will be ready for pickup. The Russell branch is open to the public for pickups, or you may also request for a curbside pickup.
There is a charge of $1.00 per object plus an additional $0.15 per gram, rounded to the nearest gram. We will provide you with an estimate for you to approve before proceeding with a print job. For example, if your final product weighs 30 grams, the cost is $1.00 + $4.50 ($0.15 x 30) = $5.50.
If you’re new to 3D design and want to create your own model, the best starting place is with Tinkercad; a web platform with free accounts to help you learn the basics of 3D modeling with pre-set shapes. If designing isn’t your thing, you can also find 3D models on many popular sites such as Thingiverse and Youmagine.