What is Adopt-A-Book?
Adopt-A-Book is an annual fundraiser organized by the Township of Russell Public Library. Patrons and the public are invited to visit the Russell and Embrun branches (or browse virtually) and choose from the large selection of new releases available for adoption between October 16th to November 20th 2021.
- Choose the book that you would like to donate to the library (the discount price is indicated on the cover).
- Purchase the book for the library – sign your name on the sticker inside the book indicating that you have donated it to the library.
- You may suggest additional titles (or subject areas) to library staff.
- A book can be adopted by more than one person.
- You can make a donation in the name of someone else.
- Donors will have the privilege of being the first to borrow the books that they have adopted.
- Donations may be made either in cash, cheque, Interact or e-transfer.
- A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued and sent out for donations of $20 and over.
- A list of donors is posted in the library – a donor may choose to remain anonymous.
- Each donation will give you the chance to win a $50 gift-card.
Adult fiction & Adult non-fiction
Kids & Teens
How do I adopt a book?
Adoptions can be made in person at the Russell and Embrun branches, by email or by phone. Donations by Interac, cheque, cash and e-transfer are available. Thank you for your support!