What is Adopt-A-Book?
Adopt-A-Book is an annual fundraiser organized by the Township of Russell Public Library. Patrons and the public are invited to visit the Russell and Embrun branches and choose from the large selection of new releases available for adoption between October 15th to November 19th 2022.
How it works:
- Choose the book that you would like to donate to the library (the discount price is indicated on the cover).
- Purchase the book for the library – sign your name on the sticker inside the book indicating that you have donated it to the library.
- You may suggest additional titles (or subject areas) to library staff.
- A book can be adopted by more than one person.
- You can make a donation in the name of someone else.
- Donors will have the privilege of being the first to borrow the books that they have adopted.
- Donations may be made either in cash, check, Interac or e-transfer.
- A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued and sent out for donations of $20 and over.
- A list of donors is posted in the library – a donor may choose to remain anonymous.
- Each donation will give you the chance to win a $ 25 gift-card.