There are several ways you can make a difference and support your local library.
Adopt-a-Book Fundraising Campaign
Share the magic of reading with the community!
Visit your local branch to see the vast selection of new releases to choose from!
- Choose the book that you would like to donate to the library (the discount price is indicated on the cover).
- Purchase the book for the library – your name will be inscribed in the book indicating that you have donated it to the library.
- You may suggest additional titles (or subject areas) to library staff.
- A book can be adopted by more than one person.
- You can make a donation in the name of someone else.
- Donors will have the privilege of being the first to borrow the books that they have adopted.
- Donations may be made either in cash or by cheque.
- A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued and sent out in February for donations of $10 and over.
- A list of donors is posted in the library – a donor may choose however to remain anonymous.
- Each donation will give you the chance to win a $25 gift-certificate.
Donating Library Material
For the moment, the Library does not welcome anymore donations of library material (books, magazines, dvds, cds, etc.) from individuals or groups.
Individuals or organizations can make a financial donation in:
the name of someone else as an honourarium to acknowledge a special event (Birthday, Anniversary, Graduation, Retirement, etc.)
memory of a loved one as a memorial donation
By providing a gift to the Library in your will, you will provide support for library services and programs in the future.
Designated or Non-Designated Donations
You can allocate your donation to which ever cause is closest to your heart, or you can make a donation and the Library will allocate the funds towards our greatest needs.
Acknowledgment & Recognition
Donations will be recognized and acknowledged. In some cases, dedication plates may be added if you wish. In the case of an honourarium / memorial donation an acknowledgment will be sent to the family member(s) of your choice.
You will receive a tax receipt for any gift over $10.
For More Info on Financial Donations
Do not hesitate to contact us for additional information on financial donations.
Gifts in Kind
The library sometimes looks to community businesses or organizations to support programs and services through the donation of gifts-in-kind. Gifts-in-kind can take the form of products or services donated to the library in exchange for a tax receipt issued for the fair market value of the donation.
Join our Friends, participate in the annual used-book sale, be a part of our homebound services team or donate time as a student volunteer. Learn more about volunteering at the library »