TD Summer Reading Club
Summer has arrived and the Township of Russell Public Library invites YOU to register, participate, read, and win cool prizes!
What is the TD Summer Reading Club?
The TD Summer Reading Club is Canada’s biggest, bilingual summer reading program for kids of all ages, interests and abilities. This free Club is offered at more than 2,000 public libraries across Canada, as well as online. The Club celebrates Canadian authors, illustrators and stories, and inspires kids to explore the fun of reading their way. This is key to building a lifelong love of reading. There’s something for everyone, including kids with print disabilities as well as pre-schoolers and their families.
- For the third summer, we are using Beanstack to track reading and participation
- We have TWO new age categories (Pre-Reader & Adult)
- For the second summer, the TD Summer Reading Club has paired us with the same Sister Library! Bibliothèque Régionale Jolys Public Library in St-Pierre-Jolys, Manitoba. Just like last year, we are offering a Pen Pal program to anyone 6-12 years.
Where to find them:
Website – http://www.jrlibrary.mb.ca
Facebook – @BibliothequeRegionaleJolys
Instagram – @jolys_regional
TikTok – @jolys_regional
If you made an account last summer, there’s no need to make a new account but you may want to log in and update your information
Beanstack (Helpful Videos)
The Summer Reading Challenges
Pre-Readers! If you're registered for 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten, you can STILL register for the Summer Reading Challenge. Books read will go towards BOTH challenges.
Update: June 23rd 2022 School-Age & Teens! As mentioned in the Summer Reading Challenges brochure, it stated that School-Age and Teen readers had to place their tickets on the ‘Ticket Drawing’ page on Beanstack. We have since changed things on Beanstack where we will not be using tickets. Instead, each badge earned is a chance at winning.
- We challenge Adults to read books and complete activities!
- Books are to be read between the challenge dates (July 4 -August 19)
- You may not use the same book for multiple categories
- The more badges you earn, the more chances you have at winning!
- 2 winners
- Final prize: $50 Beyond the House gift card
- Register on Beanstack on July 4th!
We encourage Beanstack users to add a friend and use the Leaderboard feature for friendly competition! You can only add friends that are also using the library’s Beanstack page (so for example, you wouldn’t be able to add your friend from the Ottawa Public Library on our Beanstack Library page). Friends can then view each other's reading logs, challenge histories, and earned badges, as well as compete on their leaderboards. You can watch this short video to learn how to add, view, and remove friends and track friends' status on leaderboards. Note that account creators under the age of 13 will not be able to add friends or generate a share code.
Save the Dates
- Starting June 13th, pick up your information kit at the library
- All challenges begin on July 4th and end on August 19th
- You can register for the Summer Reading Challenges all summer long!
Click HERE to view our Summer 2022 programs and events (at the Russell & Embrun Branches)
The TD Summer reading club is sponsored by the Friends of the Library