September 21st, 2020
We are now happy to offer at the Russell Branch:
– Onsite computer use for a maximum of 60 minutes per day (instead of 30 minutes/day), appointment required.
– All days are now open to family visits, not only the Friday.
– Children under 13 years may visit the library with an adult.
September 10th 2020
NOTICE to patrons at the Embrun branch Library (LaCroisée school):
Until further notice, patrons cannot return books or collect books using the curbside pickup service between the hours of 8:45 AM – 9:15 AM and 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday). Thank you for your understanding.
August 31st 2020
REOPENING! (by appointment only)
The Township of Russell Public Library Board is happy to announce the reopening of the Russell Branch on Tuesday September 8th, 2020. The Embrun Branch will remain closed to the public until further notice but will continue to offer a curbside pickup service.
The modified schedule for opening hours of curbside pickup for the Embrun Branch and opening hours for the Russell Branch are:
Monday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 10:00 – 8 00 PM
Wednesday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 – 8:00 PM
Friday 10:00 – 5:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 – 5:00 PM (closed 12:00 – 1:00 PM)
In accordance with safety measures established by health authorities and the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU), specific guidelines and restrictions will be applied at the Russell Branch:
– Every visit is by appointment only (13 years old +) with a maximum of 15 minutes per day. We are not accepting unscheduled walk-in visits. Please call or email ahead to book an appointment.
– Children under 13 years may visit the library with an adult by appointment on Fridays only; as part of our Library’s Family Day.
– One day a week; Friday, is reserved for families with appointments only = 1 adult for 1 supervised child, face masks required.
– IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
– All items must be returned using the outdoor return chute.
– Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
– Disinfect your hands when you arrive.
– Sign-in sheet or QR code is mandatory.
– Keep a physical distance of 2 metres.
– Follow the arrows on the floor and at the end of the aisles, as all aisles are one-way.
– If you touch a book, do not put it back on the shelf, please leave it in the quarantine box.
– Reservations must be made in advance to use a computer for a maximum of 30 minutes per day.
– Some sections of the library are not accessible.
– Interac payment is now available.
– Book donations are not accepted.
Despite the circumstances, the staff is there to help you.
Please be courteous to the employees and other patrons.
Thank you for your collaboration.
The Library Team
Please note: The Russell Branch will continue to offer a curbside pickup service for those who are interested.
June 22nd 2020
As of Monday, June 22nd 2020, we are pleased to offer curbside pickup services to our patrons at the Embrun branch (as well as the Russell branch – May 19th).
May 16th 2020
As of Tuesday, May 19th 2020 we are pleased to offer curbside pickup services to our patrons at the Russell branch. We will begin with items that have been previously reserved and will continue with orders that are placed using the online catalogue , followed by email requests*.
*Orders can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Once your order is ready, we will call you to make arrangements for a delivery to your vehicle.
Please note: Patrons may borrow 25 items at a time for a duration of 3 weeks. For your security and confidentiality, items will be placed in bags.
Rest assured that measures have been taken during the pandemic, such as placing items in quarantine for 3-5 days before handling and returning to the shelves.
All necessary sanitary measures will be followed with your orders.
Thank you in advance for your patience with the establishment of this new service!
The Library Team
March 18th 2020
March 14th 2020
To ensure the health of the public, specifically that of children and senior citizens, the Township of Russell Public Library will be closed until further notice. This applies to both branches in Russell and in Embrun. Patrons can continue to return any library materials in the return bins.
The Library will waive any late fees during this time. All programs and events for EMBRUN AND RUSSELL will be cancelled until further notice. Weekly activities such as Story Time will be pushed back and any paid events will be reimbursed or rescheduled.
We encourage our patrons to take advantage of our electronic resources for eBooks, eMagazines and eAudiobooks. To view and access these resources, click the “eResources” tab under “Find an Item”.
Questions? Please email the Library at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding.